I love pancakes. Pancakes are a tradition in our household, we eat them every Saturday. This Saturday however, I threw a curve ball. I made a dutch baby, which still counts as a pancake, i think.
Prep 5 min, cook time 15-20 min. Serves 4 or 2, or 1..
- 2/3 c flour
- 2/3 c milk room temp – blast in microwave for 10 sec to rid of chill.
- 3 eggs room temp – bathe in warm water to bring to room temp (the eggs not you)
- 3 tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- powdered sugar – topping
- 1/2 lemon – topping
- Cast Iron Skillet – My 10.25″ Lodge works perfect for this, or a similar sized heavy duty pan
- Hand mixer – I use a simple Kitchen Aid mixer.
- A fine mesh strainer for dusting powdered sugar on
- Simple measuring tools
Preheat oven 425, place 10 inch skillet. Beat the eggs in bowl until nice and airy (about 1-2 minutes with mixer).
Add flour, milk, salt and mix well til a very loose and smooth batter has formed. It should look something like crepe batter.
Carefully take skillet out of oven (needs to be really hot). Add butter to pan, once melted, slowly add batter to pan. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
Drizzle with lemon juice, dust with generous amounts of powdered sugar and enjoy.